Monday, May 25, 2009

Hot Topic of the Month - May 2009

This month we start a series on Balancing Your Life. Balance in your life is so very important because without balance you can spread yourself to thin, work un-smart, and miss important time with family and friends.

I learned this concept many years ago and it has played an important part of keeping my life active, enjoyable, and together. My place of employment required that everyone that held certain job descriptions take Priority Management. Priority Management is a time management course. In this course it teaches you that planning of your time should include these six components of your life. The six components are Financial, Intellectual, Family, Physical, Social, and Spiritual. If you correctly plan your time and include all six components your life will be well adjusted, happy, healthy, and fulfilled. I have found this to be true because when I make and plan time for all six my life is at it best!

The financial part we covered in February, March and April. Intellectual, Family, Physical, and Social will be covered later this year. So we will cover Spiritual this month. What do I mean by spiritual? I mean how to live a spiritual life and what is involved in living a spiritual life. A spiritual life involves the folowing....

1) Drawing closer to a higher power (For example, in my case this means God!)
2) Seeking wisdom
3) Striving for growth
4) Deep connections with others
5) Tolerance and forgiveness of others

Making yourself a better person. Giving thought to your actions. Becoming the best you can be. Striving for gold. Or as Webster Dictionary states "characterized by the ascendancy of the spirit; showing much refinement of thought and feeling".

As you reflect on this I will add more in comments so look for updates by clicking on comments at the bottom of this post soon.

For more on Priority Management click on their website below
http://www.prioritymanagement.com/

2 comments:

Natasha Munson said...

You have time for whatever you choose to have time for. Countless people waste the moments of their lives and go to bed every night wondering why their life hasn't changed for the better. How can your life change if you don't make time for yourself and do what's best for you?

An excerpt from Love Lessons for My Sisters: How to Find and Keep All The Love You Deserve!

Live a Life You Love!
Natasha Munson
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Write Your Dream! Coach
http://www.sisterlessons.com

Ju Ju said...

This is a very hard subject to discuss because I personnally believe in a higher power. I believe in God and I do realize that everyone does not agree with my beliefs.

My wanting to do this website and wanting to help others is due to my beliefs in a big way and what I have learned from my faith.

Taking time for your spiritual side is so very important. Please review the following scriptures.

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
1 Thessalonians 5:17 (MSG)
Hebrews 10:25 (NCV)
Matthew 6:33 (NIV)
Colossians 4:2 (AMP)
Ephesians 6:18 (NCV)
Hebrews 11:6B (NCV)

Take time to worship together with you fellow spiritual family as written in the word. Take time for prayer and learning more of the word and about our Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus.

May God bless you all!